How To Sleep On Sunday Night: Tales of the Sales Prepper
A Quick 15 Minute Plan and To Do List for a Restful Sleep and Rockin’ Week
Ok. You caught me. I admit it. I am a Sunday Prepper. No, I don’t mean I go to Costco and buy food survival buckets, or hoard toilet paper, water and ramen (although I admit I have 3 months of food for emergencies 😉 ). I prep for the week of sales work, and devote a quick 15 minutes in the evening to clear my head, sleep without my brain churning and setup for a successful week of work. Here is my quick 15 minute agenda, and hopefully it helps you.
- Review Scheduled Meetings and Appointments – first off, I get my head straight on what’s happening in the coming week. Not only work, but family and other activities. This helps me center and layout a plan in my mind. I also get a bird’s eye view of my main priorities, and open areas for scheduling and performing follow ups.
- Identify Critical Work and Deals – I review any critical work that needs to get accomplished, and identify deals that will close and steps to move existing deals for the month to the next stage.
- Build My Daily and Weekly To Do – I build my short (daily/weekly) To Do list, and review long term items. I use my steps 1 and 2 to create a prioritized To Do list focused on closing and moving my deals and agenda forward.
- Clean Up and Conflict Resolution – I do some quick cleanup from the previous week’s list, and work through any time or meeting conflicts that have come up. I’ll send a few emails out for confirmations and loose ends (meetings not accepted or confirmed).
- Set Weekly Goals – I’ll write out my goals for the week, and define what I will accomplish by Friday.
I find this helps me clear my mind, get a better night’s sleep and insure I am ready to rock first thing Monday. How about you? Anything you would add?