AI & Sales: Skynet is Here (ChatGPT)
A quick primer on ChatGPT and a prediction on AI for sales
So in reading my Twitter over the past six months or so, no term has popped up more in my homepage than chat ChatGPT. From just the comments I could immediately discern that this was a revolutionary AI-based technology that would have a broad and deep effect on our lives. But, me being the truth seeker that I am I had to try it myself and see what the hype was all about. And holy shit, Skynet is here. If you’re not a terminator fan, in the Terminator franchise, Skynet is a fictional artificial intelligence system that serves as the main antagonist. It is a self-aware computer system which becomes sentient and, upon learning of its own imminent destruction at the hands of the human race, decides to exterminate humanity in order to ensure its own survival. And wowza, Skynet 1.0 rocks.
‘Remember the message? “The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.”’Kyle Reese, Terminator 2:Judgement Day
I am in sales, why should I care? What does it mean for me? The early versions of this technology are absolutely amazing, and I can’t imagine what the following releases will look like. You can ask chat GPT to compose things for you, do research, prepare morning briefing, review top news stories about your competition, and many other menial tasks. This is not Siri. Its answers are readable and complete. , accurate and usefulI. I see this as a revolutionary AI technology that will change the way we sell and market the not so distant future.
I asked ChatGPT to describe itself:
“Chat GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is a natural language processing (NLP) technology that uses a deep learning-based approach to generate responses to user input in a conversational context. It is based on the transformer architecture and is pre-trained on large datasets. Chat GPT can be used to generate answers to questions, provide recommendations, and even engage in conversations.”-Love and kisses, Skynet
Then, to show you the power of the technology, I asked it the following question and below is his response. Pretty damn accurate, what do you think?
What are the top seven characteristics of great sales people with a paragraph description?
1. Persistence: Great salespeople never give up and continue to find inventive ways to close deals. They are resilient and relentless in their pursuit of success and understand that “no” is just the beginning of the conversation.
2. Communication Skills: Great salespeople are excellent communicators, both verbally and in writing. They are articulate, persuasive, and able to quickly build relationships with potential customers.
3. Self-Motivation: Great salespeople push themselves to reach their goals and take ownership of their success. They have the drive and ambition to achieve more than what is expected of them.
4. Product Knowledge: Great salespeople have a deep understanding of the products and services they are selling. They know the features, benefits, and advantages of the products and can use these to explain why their products are the best choice for their customers.
5. Adaptability: Great salespeople are able to quickly adapt and respond to changing environments and customer needs. They are able to adjust their sales techniques to fit the situation, always looking for new opportunities to close the deal.
6. Problem-Solving Skills: Great salespeople are able to identify and resolve customer issues. They are able to think on their feet and quickly come up with creative solutions to problems.
7. Integrity: Great salespeople are honest and ethical in their dealings with customers. They understand the importance of building trust and maintaining long-term relationships with customers.
The more I played with the technology, the more excited I am to dig deeper. I’ll definitely be posting more, and letting you know how this amazing technology progresses.